Sunday, December 28, 2008

Jerry Rig II Bottom Drain

Ok, after much delay, mostly procrastination, I have begun building Jerry Rig II!

First step was to cut a hole to allow for the insertion of a kitchen sink drain. To cut a hole I just my Dremel with a grinding disc attached. Why a kitchen sink drain you ask?! Well I had read some fellows that had used this technique with great success. Some other reaons:

*No welding needed
*Larger drain area
*Less cost (I'm all about saving money!)

So here are some pictures of my progress so far.

From Jerry Rig II



From Jerry Rig II


Next step is to hammer, pound, the bottom in order to create a bowl shape similar to a wok. By creating slopped sides it will aid in completely draining glycerol and water. I'll also be adding a water heater element to aid in heating up the WVO for the process and possibly for heating up the biodiesel to remove/recover methanol.

No comments: