Friday, September 19, 2008

New 80/20 recipe test

I've got a 10 gallon batch in the JR I ( Jerry Rig I) ready for processing.  This time around I'm going to test using a different processing "recipe".  In this process I'm going to introduce 80% of the methoxide, mix for 1-2 hours, and then drain of the glycerol.  Then add the remaining 20% and mix for another 1-2 hours.  Let settle overnight before draining the glycerol.

Why?!  Well in this process it is assumed that if all of the methoxide were used all at once that it would get exhausted before getting a complete reaction, in simple terms.  By introducing the remaining 20% at the half way point is introducing fresh methoxide that should complete the process of any unreacted biodiesel.

No comments: